Monday, June 16, 2008

Something's Gotta Give

Tonight, I made a healthy dinner of grilled teriyaki "skinny chicken" (chicken cutlets) with quinoa and steamed carrots and green beans. And when I called my mom down to dinner, she told me she'd rather sleep than eat with me.

And that infuriated me.

I didn't say anything to her, though I will...she slept until I came home today at noon, then was back upstairs and in bed by the time I left for my appointment at 3. She's been sleeping ever since.

Get up, do something, live your life. Eat dinner with your children. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Your sight is not going to come back. YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO SEE AGAIN. It sucks in every way, but you must accept it and live the life you do STILL HAVE. It's been 11 years since you woke up that scary morning and couldn't see. MOVE ON.

Your life can be so beautiful. Your life IS so beautiful. You just don't let yourself see it, even though it's there, right in front of your face. You don't need functioning eyes to see how good you have it.

You don't know the sadness you have brought into my life, tonight and on many, many other occasions. It's not your fault you can't see. It is 110% your fault that you don't live.

Grow up and learn to see--with or without using your eyes--what is right in front of you.

No comments: