Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Furious

Time Warner is my cable company. They came this past Saturday to install my cable TV and internet. Both have been working fine ever since.

Except that the ethernet cable the TW technician plugged into my computer will NOT come out. It's stuck. The sides of my computer move along with the plug whenever I try to pull the plug out. I am afraid if I pull the chord too hard, it will break my computer. To resolve this, I put a call into TW tonight. 45 minutes of electronic help later, followed by a dumb-shit customer service technician, I talked to her supervisor.

He repeatedly told me there is nothing they can do. They can send out a technician, at my expense, to "assess" the situation and see if they can pull it out, but if there is in fact danger to my computer the technician will not touch it (and I still pay the $30, of course.)

I repeatedly told both the customer service technician and her supervisor that this was unacceptable. I haven't moved the computer since the modem was installed. I wasn't the one who jammed the cable into the computer. I had nothing to do with any of it. And yet, it is MY problem and MY expense. Because the computer belongs to me, as does the modem that I BOUGHT from TW. The lovely supervisor (Mr. Robertson, if you please...I prefer "Mr. Asshole") told me I could either just use the computer with the modem chord hanging out of it (very cool, indeed) or take the computer to a Best Buy type place to see if they could remove the chord, also at my expense. And yet, what happens when I need to plug in the cable once again to receive internet access and it gets stuck?

Such bullshit. BULL-SHIT.

I stuck up for myself. I didn't take 'no' for an answer. I don't feel that I should be responsible for this, as I wasn't the one who caused it to happen. I'm currently waiting for Mr Asshole to call me back, telling me when to expect a call from his supervisor, who is (surprise, surprise...) gone for the day. I shouldn't have to deal with this, and I certainly shouldn't have to pay for this. And I won't pay for it. I won't pay a cent for a TW technician to come out here. I won't pay a cent to take it to Best Buy. This one will be on Time Warner, whether they like it or not.

And I REFUSE to have this ugly ass chord hanging out from my computer for the rest of it's life. No thank you.

I think living in Israel, and now, living on my own, has made me more aggressive. For the first time I can remember, I fought for what I think is right for ME. And I will win. I WILL. It's amazing to see what comes along with self-confidence. I guess it's somewhat of a silver lining to the situation.

I don't have time for bullshit, and this ugly chord is not one of the accessories I want for my computer.

I don't want to be dealing with this. But you can bet I'm gonna fight this one to the death.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

YOU GO GIRL. Way to stick up for your bad self.

BTW, what is with you and issues with computers? I hope my computer doesn't hear me, or mine might stop working too!

stacy