Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sometimes I wish my "best" friend could just understand where I'm coming from.

When she has successful and intelligent parents, no sibling to share a car for a summer with, and an attitude of "my way is the only good way", it's impossible to be the kind of best friend I need her to be.

We're going out to celebrate my birthday tonight, and I'd rather stay home and cook my own dinner for myself, despite the fact that my mother currently thinks I'm the worst daughter in the world and my brother is pissed that I'm going out and can't be at his beckon call to pick him up from work.

I'm so tired of trying to fulfill all these roles I never asked to take on. It's a lot of pressure to be someone's daughter, sister, "best" friend (when apparently my ideas are stupid) and a mother/husband to my own mother.

It was supposed to be a fun night out to celebrate my 27th. Now, it's a huge pain in the ass.

No comments: