Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Some Things to Share

The first is an email that my good friend Gal sent me this morning--thank you, Gal, for thinking of me and for your sweet words and kind actions.

The second is a morning prayer written by Rabbi Naomi Levy in her book Talking to God.

"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes

The most tragic figure is the man or woman who has given up and acquiesced to the pressures of modern life. For him or her, life is monotonous and meaningless. Don't be one of these tragic figures! Not only should you recognize your dreams, but you should revel in them. Dreams are what differentiate us and make us uniquely human. What gives you real joy? What makes you smile and laugh out loud? What holds your attention so that hours seem to disappear? Your dream is ultimately the basis for your motivation. Hold fast to your dream then permit yourself to take flight.

A Morning Prayer

There are so many things I take for granted. May I not ignore them today.

Just for today, help me, God, to remember that my life is a gift, that my health is a blessing, that this new day is filled with awesome potential, that I have the capacity to bring something wholly new and unique and good into this world.

Just for today, help me, God, to remember to be kind and patient to the people who love me, and to those who work with me too. Teach me to see all the beauty that I so often ignore, and to listen to the silent longing of my own soul.

Just for today, help me, God, to remember You. Let this be a good day, God, full of joy and love.

Amen.

No comments: