Sunday, October 4, 2009

At Peace

It's been a really long time since I last posted.

Yes, I'm just getting past the craziest time of a Jewish clergy person's year. The High Holy Days take up a HUGE amount of time and energy and there isn't much room for anything else. That said, it's not the real reason I haven't posted.

I haven't abandoned my good habits, either. In fact, I lost 2 pounds during the month of September, which included a practicum, a first pulpit visit, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. '

It's strange that for the first time in a long time, I'm feeling very at peace with myself and my body. I haven't had time or energy to stop and think about my eating or exercise or personal junk, and I'm strangely OK with that. I really haven't missed blogging because there hasn't been anything extraordinary to blog about.

Maybe this sense of peace is a turning point, a huge moment of progress, or a natural part of the self-exploration process--whatever it is, I don't really care. I'm comfy in this place, and I haven't been comfy in a long time, or, well...ever.

I guess my time away is/was just some time to dwell in that comfy place, a place I like to be right now. Maybe I'll stay for awhile...or maybe I won't.

The only reason I'm even posting at all is because I think this happy place is worthy of journaling for future reference. It's a good thing.

No comments: