Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Blog Name

I never liked the title "Heavy Stuff", not even from the birth of my blog. It always sounded negative, like losing weight was nothing but a pain in the ass. I've wanted to change it for a long time and never got around to it, so I figured new year, new blog name! I like the pairing of the terms, as I've grown on the inside more in the last 18 months than in my entire life while shrinking on the outside. I also think this more positively states the reason for my blog and how I want it to continue from here on out.

In other news, but I've been thinking about starting yet another blog, this time dedicated only to the food I eat. The last few months I've been reading a lot of blogs that focus on nutrition, where people who are in my boat with weight loss, or who just want to keep track of their own nutrition, take pictures and post everything they eat everyday. It's a whole community of people who support each other's desires for a healthy lifestyle in a healthy way; I've seen some blogs dedicated to anorexics who share tips with each other and such, and this is in no way like that. I learn about healthy eating and exercise from real people (some of them who are studying to become Registered Dietitians) and become inspired by their ideas.

I don't know if I have the dedication to stick to it, as I wouldn't always be comfortable with taking pictures of my food everywhere I go, and it does sometimes seem a little obsessive-compulsive to me (no offense to anyone who does this!) However, it's a great way to keep track of my food intake, and a good way to share my lifestyle with all those who ask me how I've managed to lose over 100 lbs. I also have this blog and my other blog (dedicated to school and such) and it would be a lot of work to maintain all 3 blogs.

For those of you who food-blog, do you think it's a good idea for me to start? What are your challenges and obstacles with doing this? Does it take up as much time as it seems to?

Here's to starting 2009 in a positive direction, whichever that direction may be :)

1 comment:

Gal said...

Our being alive, coming alive, is not reflected or defined by other people or who we hang out with on New Year's Eve. It's in how we are with ourselves,and how we grow with each challenge. You have done amazing this year, Tracy, and I have no doubt that you will continue to. Just keep being real with yourself and others...